Here is a tasty treat that’s quick to make. Try it for breakfast or afternoon tea. Makes 4 sandwiches.
Download Illustrated Recipe Card
1 green apple
125 g container low-fat ricotta cheese
1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons currants
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
8 slices sultana bread
Sandwich maker or jaffle iron
Non-stick cooking spray
1. Peel and grate apples.
2. Put apple, ricotta cheese, sunflower seeds, currants and cinnamon in a bowl. Stir well.
3. Spray the surface of the sandwich maker or jaffle iron with non-stick spray.
4. Place the slices of bread in the sandwich maker to form the sandwich bottom.
5. Top with apple mixture and cover with another slice of bread.
6. Toast for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
© State of Western Australia, 2012. Permission is required to reproduce this recipe.
Serves in this recipe: 4
Serve size: 140 g