Difficulty - Medium
These muffins are a delicious snack you can eat piping hot from the oven, or cold in lunch boxes or after school. Makes 12 muffins.
Download Illustrated Recipe Card
1 cup white SR flour
1 cup wholemeal SR flour
½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons oil
1 cup low-fat milk
Muffin tray or 12 paper patty cases
Large and small mixing bowls
Measuring cups and spoons
Whisk or fork
Non-stick cooking spray
1. Turn oven to 200°C. Coat muffin tray with spray.
2. In a large bowl sift the flours, bicarbonate and cinnamon.
3. Grate the carrots. Add grated carrot to the flour.
4. Add sugar and walnuts.
5. In another bowl, beat eggs, oil and milk together.
6. Add the egg mixture to the flour and carrot mixture.
7. Mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
8. Spoon mixture into muffin tins or patty cases.
9. Bake on TOP oven shelf for 20 minutes or until cooked.
© State of Western Australia, 2012. Permission is required to reproduce this recipe.
Serves in this recipe: 12
Serve size: 81 g