Difficulty - Medium
These make a great Christmas or birthday treat. Store in an airtight container....if they last that long!
Makes 20 balls.
Download Illustrated Recipe Card
1 cup nuts
½ cup dates
½ cup dried apricots
½ cup raisins
2 tablespoons cocoa
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ cup desiccated coconut
1 tablespoon orange juice (if needed)
Measuring cup and spoons
Kitchen paper or foil
1. Put nuts, dates, apricots, raisins and cocoa in the bowl of your food processor
2. Blend for 1 minute.
3. If the mixture does not hold together well add 1 tablespoon of orange juice.
4. Put coconut and cinnamon in a cup and mix well.
5. Spread coconut on kitchen paper or foil.
6. Using your hands, roll teaspoonful lots of mixture into balls.
7. Toss each ball in coconut.
8. Put in the fridge until they are firm.
© State of Western Australia, 2012. Permission is required to reproduce this recipe.
Serves in this recipe: 20
Serve size: 22 g