Difficulty - Medium
Makes 4 serves
Download Illustrated Recipe Card
4 slices wholemeal bread
1 tablespoon polyunsaturated margarine
4 lean slices ham
1 small onion
1 small zucchini
1 tablespoon SR flour
2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley
½ cup grated fat-reduced cheese
Knife and chopping board
23 cm round or square microwave- proof dish
1. Cut the crusts off the bread. Spread bread lightly with margarine.
2. Arrange spread side up on the bottom of a shallow dish.
3. Cut up the ham in small pieces. Put in a bowl.
4. Grate the onion and zucchini using the big holes on the grater. Add to the bowl.
5. Add egg, flour, parsley and cheese. Stir well.
6. Use a fork to beat the egg.
7. Spoon mixture over bread. Cover with plastic wrap.
8. Microwave on MED-HIGH for 8 minutes. Serve hot or cold.
© State of Western Australia, 2012. Permission is required to reproduce this recipe.
Serves in this recipe: 4
Serve size: 118 g