Difficulty - Medium
These pancakes are delicious served hot or cold. It is easy to change the flavour of the pancake by using a different fruit - apple, strawberry, pear, nectarine. Pick a fruit that is in season or use unsweetened canned fruit. Makes 2 pancakes.
Download Illustrated Recipe Card
3 tablespoons plain flour
4 tablespoons plain wholemeal flour
1 tablespoon runny honey
Pinch of ground cinnamon
½ cup non-fat milk
1 large peach
1 teaspoon polyunsaturated oil
Measuring cups and spoons
Small and large mixing bowls
Egg whisker or fork
Chopping board and knife
1. Sift both flours into a large mixing bowl.
2. Make a well in the centre of the flour.
3. In a small bowl, mix egg, honey, cinnamon and milk.
4. Pour into mixture and mix well to make a smooth batter.
5. Peel the peach, cut in half and remove the stone, chop into very small pieces.
6. Add peach to the pancake mixture and stir through.
7. Turn on the stove. Put oil in the frypan and heat on the stove.
8. When pan is hot, pour in enough mixture to cover the base of the pan.
9. Cook pancake until bottom side is golden brown. Turn pancake over and cook other side.
10. Set cooked pancake aside and repeat with remaining mixture.
© State of Western Australia, 2010. Permission is required to reproduce this recipe.
Serves in this recipe: 2
Serve size: 253 g