Difficulty - Medium
Potato pizza is easy to make for a weekend snack or Sunday night dinner. Make it for your friends or for the family. For extra variety add other vegetables of your choice to the recipe, such as grated carrot, grated zucchini, or broccoli florets. Makes 4 small serves.
Download Illustrated Recipe Card
2 medium potatoes
3 tablespoons tomato paste
½ capsicum (green or yellow)
1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
100 g ricotta cheese
1 tablespoon mixed herbs
Chopping board and knife
Pizza tray or round oven-proof dish
Non-stick cooking spray
1. Turn oven on to 200°C. Lightly coat tray or dish with spray.
2. Wash and scrub the potatoes lightly, but DO NOT peel them.
3. Cut potatoes lengthwise into 1cm thick slices.
4. Arrange in a single layer on pizza tray or dish.
5. Place in the oven and cook 30 – 40 minutes.
6. While waiting, chop the capsicum into small pieces and measure out the herbs.
7. Remove potato from oven and spread with tomato paste and ricotta cheese.
8. Top with parmesan cheese, capsicum and herbs.
9. Return to oven and cook for another 10 minutes.
© State of Western Australia, 2010. Permission is required to reproduce this recipe.
Serves in this recipe: 4
Serve size: 119 g