Difficulty - Medium
Make this dish to go with a roast dinner or mix in some cooked macaroni for a yummy pasta dish. Makes 6.
Download Illustrated Recipe Card
500 g pumpkin
2 teaspoons cornflour
1 cup low-fat milk
1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
Chopping board and knife
Shallow baking dish
1. Turn oven to 180°C. Peel pumpkin and slice thinly.
2. Place pumpkin slices in a baking dish.
3. Peel and chop onion finely.
4. Turn stove to MEDIUM heat. In a small saucepan stir cornflour into milk (no lumps!).
5. Add onion, turn to HIGH heat and stir until milk boils.
6. Keep stirring until sauce is thick (coats the spoon).
7. Pour sauce over the pumpkin.
8. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake on MIDDLE oven shelf for 35-40 minutes.
HOT TIP: Serve warm or cold, spread with ricotta whip
Serves in this recipe: 6
Serve size: 136 g