Difficulty - Hard
Colourful and crunchy, these vegetables can be served with any meat or fish. This recipe uses chicken. Makes 4 serves.
Download Illustrated Recipe Card
500 g chicken breast
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated or crushed
1 bunch broccoli
1 cup fresh mushrooms
1 red capsicum
1 teaspoon cornflour
½ cup of water
1 tablespoon oil (optional)
Chopping board and knife
Wok or larger frypan
Measuring cups and spoons
1. Cut skin off chicken. Cut into thin slices or small chunks.
2. Put in a bowl. Add soy sauce and ginger.
3. Chop broccoli into small pieces (florets), slice the mushrooms and cut the capsicums into thin strips.
4. Put chopped broccoli, capsicum and mushrooms into another bowl.
5. Use a spoon to blend cornflour and water until smooth.
6. Turn on stove. Put oil in wok or frying pan and heat on the stove.
7. Add chicken and sauce mixture to pan. Stir chicken until almost cooked (5 minutes).
8. Turn up heat. Add all the vegetables. Stir for 2-3 minutes.
9. Pour cornflour mixture into vegetables and stir until sauce thickens. Serve hot.
© State of Western Australia, 2012. Permission is required to reproduce this recipe.
Serves in this recipe: 4
Serve size: 329 g